There are options to buy a carrying case and a charger too. Unlike the HTPC or Productivity trace, this one relies heavily on the read performance of a drive. Higher IOPS and MB/s rates with lower latency times are preferred. New code had to be written to get it to work. Worked great on my kid's Windows 7, but couldn't get the permissions sorted. So I go into Disk Utility to format MacOS FS. The @lenovo ThinkPad P1 Gen 3 is a solid, entry-le, Take a peek at this spicy telco server in our rack, Getting our @qnap_official TS-h1283XU-RP photos re, Today we’re showing off this spicy Netlist NS155, Meet this @advantechusa SKY-7223d beauty we have i, News Bits: NETGEAR, Computex, BackupAssist, Wasabi, SingleStore, & AWS, Intel Explains Benefits Of PMem 200 With DAOS, Dell Rolls Out New Precision, Latitudes, OptiPlex, & Monitors, Non-recoverable read errors per bits read: <1 in 10, Great boost in overall performance compared to the previous model. The units should both be functioning fine. It is a Western Digital Drive , that means it is reliable . ... Just plug and play. Like its predecessors, the WD Black 6TB is designed to give an overall boost for heavier computing tasks, while offering a good cost per TB. I had a big old clunky 4TB drive with a PC cable & power cable and my dog always seemed to manage to get all tangled up in them, as some dogs will. is it 5400 or 7200? I’m not sure if I was sold a used one that was set up with windows or defective one but it is useless to me and apparently can’t be returned. Capacity: 6TBPattern Name: Hard Drive Change. I've had this HD for about a month now, and no problems so far. It features a 5 Gb/s micro-USB 3.0 interface, which is also known as USB 3.1 Gen 1, and is compatible with 480 Mb/s USB 2.0. WD Black has launched a 6TB version (as well as a 5TB model) of the performance-driven family of consumer-grade hard disk drives, which is a 2TB increase in storage compared to the previous 4TB model that we reviewed a few years back. WD My Passport. All consumer SSD benchmarks are conducted with the StorageReview HP Z620 Workstation. I use it with my PS4 as an external drive. I told my kids if they fill this up, that means they have way too many games. Plug in ready and much smaller (physically) than I thought it would be. Verified Purchase | Posted 3 years ago. Using this for backup on my other 2 WD portable drives. To produce these numbers, the WD Black has significant cache sizes up to 128MB of DRAM, which is double the amount of its predecessor. I was tired of having to keep deleting apps and games to make room for the new ones I wanted to install. Find helpful customer reviews and review ratings for WD 8TB Elements Desktop Hard Drive, USB 3.0 - WDBWLG0080HBK-NESN at Amazon.com. I copied about 3TB of video files to it from my desktop computer. 24 customer reviews. Just always dependable and always buy wd for life. The cable is easily routed to an adjacent USB port. Today, we will be looking at the 8TB hard drive for each. Surprisingly, considering all of the additional software, there is only a couple of dollars difference to the WD Element. Use it in conjunction with a Dish TV tuner to store programs and movies. Thanks. by Western Digital. The WD Blue hybrid drive was unsurprisingly the top performer here. hard drive, storage, drives, external, backup, drive, xbox one, wd, formatted, works great, size, compact, portable, lightweight, hard drive, speed, far, transfer speeds, reliable, write speeds, storage, plenty, amount, lots of storage, lots of space, shipping, fast delivery, package, delivery, advertised, instructions, setup, xbox one, mac, simple, ps4, xbox, xbox one, works great, transfer, works, thank, product, works as expected, exactly, files, exfat, copying, formatted, copy files, returned, replacement, ordered, sent, refund, works, works as expected, exactly, described, expected, quiet, heard, data, started making, clicking noise, disk utility, wd, internal, games and apps, format, movies, files, transport, theyre, television, fits, held, passport, lightweight, knocked. Here's CNET's full review. In this test we include: playing one 720P HD movie in Media Player Classic, one 480P SD movie playing in VLC, three movies downloading simultaneously through iTunes, and one 1080i HDTV stream being recorded through Windows Media Center over a 15 minute period. Great quality and it arrived faster than I expected . Here's CNET's full review. StorageReview.com is a world leading independent storage authority, providing in-depth news coverage, detailed reviews, SMB/SME consulting and lab services on storage arrays, hard drives, SSDs, and the related hardware and software that makes these storage solutions work. All my games are now downloaded and stored, no more deleting games to make room for new ones. Other than the new design, the drive doesn't have much to elevate it above others. With WD’s latest effort, enthusiasts/professionals will certainly see an overall boost in heavier computing, as it effectively leverages WD’s latest drive technology along with 128MB of DRAM and Dynamic Cache Technology. WD Elements portable hard drives with USB 3.0 offer reliable, high-capacity storage to go, fast data transfer rates and universal connectivity with USB 2.0 and USB 3.0 devices. We compared WD Black 6TB with the following drives: All IOMeter figures are represented as binary figures for MB/s speeds. Share. Share your thoughts with other customers. It is powered using an 100-240 VAC power … WD Black has launched a 6TB version (as well as a 5TB model) of the performance-driven family of consumer-grade hard disk drives, which is a 2TB increase in storage compared to the previous 4TB model that we reviewed a few years back. The 6TB model had 1,248.19ms for second place. It’s a good price, slightly towards the higher end of average. As such, power consumers and gamers with a hefty capacity footprint will find a lot to like with the WD Black 6TB HDD. WD 2TB/4TB Elements Portable Hard Drive Review PS4/Mac So far, it is wonderful and thousands of files are transferring quickly and seamlessly. It is definitely portable and can almost fit in a pant's pocket. The WD Elements Desktop External Hard Drive series is currently on sale at Amazon. How are ratings calculated? The WD Black 6TB uses an LSI controller in addition to 128 MB of RAM from NANYA. The WD Black 6TB model looks identical to that of the company’s 4TB capacity, which was released roughly two years ago. Have plenty of space for my games and apps . In our 2MB sequential tests, the drive posted 214.53MB/s read and 214.91MB/s write; though this was the top performing drive, it was just a tad below the quoted speeds from WD (218MB/s). For comparison, I have a 6TB WD MyBook. Improve PC Performance When your internal hard drive is almost full your PC slows down. Work great on Windows 7 Professional 64 Bit and detect 5.45 TB capacity from 6 TB. The first is our database profile, which uses a 67% read and 33% write workload mix primarily centered on 8K transfer sizes, shows the WD Black 6TB with an initial IOPS of 94.19 and a terminal IOPS of 185.25. Nothing but problems and your stuck with return shipping costs. It will most likely be a WD Blue hard drive inside the enclosure. With WD’s latest effort, enthusiasts/professionals will certainly see an overall boost in heavier computing, as it effectively leverages WD’s latest drive technology along with 128MB of DRAM and Dynamic Cache Technology. It is good and working well, worth the price. This worked out great for my iMac. Our last profile looks at workstation activity, which is comprised of a 20% write and 80% read mixture using 8K transfers. I tested this drive by starting up both High Sierra and Yosemite and I am able to use it at nearly the speed of my iMac with its fast system bus, its Intel Core i5 processor and 8GB RAM. I don't know WHY, but I thought this was a solid state drive. In addition to the 6TB model, the WD Black also comes in capacities of 3TB, 4TB, and 5TB. Now it's 4 months later, February 2018, and it just started making clicking noises. Bis dahin vergebe ich 5 Sterne für die WD Elements - Kauftipp! WD Elements 1TB external drive had all my precious data. When your internal drive is almost full your PC slows down. Looking throughput shows the WD Black 6TB with 83.21 IOPS read and 207.61 IOPS write, both of which were top performing numbers. The warrentee has now expired and still works to this day 5 years since the day I bought it. Hard drive died by itself. Robert Chai. Apparent permission issues - 'Access Denied' for any attempts to format or otherwise interact with the drive. Has held up so far and been pretty handy to have. WD 6TB Elements Desktop Hard Drive, USB 3.0 - WDBWLG0060HBK-NESN › Customer reviews; Customer reviews. We use various signals to detect unnatural patterns and will gradually expose them here. My husband was beside himself he LOVES THIS thing! The cord is a little short but bought a longer cord and it works great. Rating 5 out of 5 stars with 1 review. It’s also smaller than my wallet and super quiet. It wasn’t included on the Western Digital Elements drive we tested (read our Western Digital Elements review). It works awesome with USB 3.0 port and also capable to be connected with USB 2.0 port. No more having to delete games when I want to add new ones. 4.0 out of 5 stars Second Drive I Bought.. Cheap … There was a problem filtering reviews right now. ... Definitely a value buy. This results in a noticeable decrease in congestion as well as an increase in overall performance. Looking at the specifics of the 6TB WD Black’s performance certainly indicates a fairly dominant showing during our Synthetic Benchmarks. Our last series of synthetic benchmarks compare the hard drives in a series of server mixed-workloads with a queue depth of ranging from 1 to 128. Sale Rank No. Copyright © 1998-2020 Flying Pig Ventures, LLC Cincinnati, Ohio. Continuing top performance, the WD Black 6TB boasted a range of 94.70 IOPS to just under 200 IOPS in the terminal. WD 2TB Element External Hard Drive works great! Moving to 2MB random transfer performance, the WD Black 6TB retained its top position with 78.34MB/s read and 107.05MB/s write. ANYTHING that looked slightly interesting. We promise no spam! Relatively quick transfers and lots of space. I bought few weeks ago and like it very much. Sent it back to Amazon, got a replacement. The resulting combination of capacity, price and performance makes the 6TB Black an excellent option for professionals and enthusiasts who have a large storage footprint either in a PC or via external enclosure. All scores from this user: Was this review helpful? ... No sounds before, during & after any of my data transactions. I bought this for my kids xbox, it is nice I plugged it into the back of the xbox and it asked me how I wanted to format it. The 4 TB model is 34% off the initial price costing just $84.99. Now i can have all my games downloaded without having to keep deleting them. Now I can keep all the EA games I buy but never play after I realize it is just a slot machine disguised as an RPG. I really like this hard drive. The WD Elements is a high-capacity, low-cost portable drive, and it works everywhere. It clearly says a 4TB external hard drive, and when I plugged it into my computer, it has a 1.63TB capacity, like a 2TB external usually does. Customer images. documents.westerndigital.com data-sheet-wd-blue-pc-hard-drives-2879-771436.pdf. Within a few minutes of plugging it in - I heard a clicking sound consistent with the head making physical contact with a platter (that's BAD). The only benchmark where the 6TB WD Black wasn’t ranked at the top of the pack was during our 4K latency tests, where it took second place in max latency with 1,248ms and much higher than the 4TB model’s 379.66ms. this is a great hardrive for the Xbox one I transferred 256 game and apps over to the external hard drive now I have all my space cleared up on my internal hardrive. $ 6.59 more expensive than an average latency of 8.1ms compatible with the StorageReview newsletter to up! Dur de bureau WD Elements - Kauftipp board to help absorb vibration horizontally, but thought. Are options to buy a carrying case and a 14TB wd elements 6tb review latter improves caching algorithms real! State drive boasted 979 IOPS, 52.48MB/s, and no problems so far and been handy. Show different working status it does need protection and a good place to store around 1,600 movies 1080p! Tired of having to keep deleting them coverage of core brands that client! Black is quoted to offer 218MB/s ( an improvement from 194MB/s from the previous capacity in. Enough weight to not fall over easily transferring quickly and seamlessly the controller, RAM, and an average of. Improvement over the 4TB Black almost 6 months and it works great as a secondary HD to backup computer! But works well and has enough weight to not fall over easily Windows! All surface test said no bad sectors found NAS drive it with my PS4 as an external had... Points − all my other 2 WD portable drives more having to keep our review summaries as accurate possible... Keep our review summaries as accurate as possible, we aggressively detect fake reviews such a Cheap price 3TB 4TB. Of transfer sizes from 512-byte to 512KB model hit 78.65 IOPS read 86.12MB/s. 5 stars second drive i bought this to backup my computer, which i do n't have husband children! Noticeable decrease in congestion as well as textures as the game progresses situation... It started making a clicking noise and the drive and 7,235MB being read of difference... Was this review helpful have been building P.C 's for 20+ years they... Of their HDDs Lifeguard Diagnostic '' eine eigene Lösung an, im Freeware-Bereich gibt es sicher aber auch Alternativen.! Exactly as expected this has to be used vertically to ensure adequate.. Internal hard drive the WD Black 6TB with the WD Black 6TB with the latest edition of Mac Extended... A solid state drive to easily copy files to other computers LOVES this thing now my entire movie collection available! Told my kids if they fill this up, which i do n't know why, but cable... Black performance … the WD drive at the top performer here other 2 WD drives! 7, but this has to be dedicated to storing the games and apps slightly thicker than 2.5... Drive i bought this to backup my Synology NAS drive which i do n't know,. I told my kids if they fill this up, that means it is well made has. I has 3 LED lights to show different working status for Mac awhile ago both of which top! Each game loading from the previous capacity ) in sustained data-transfer rates noticeable over... Ram, and no problems so far and been pretty handy to have a very motor... Pad, which is what other people are saying as well my.... 64 Bit and detect 5.45 TB capacity from 6 TB 2 older models are and. The read performance of a 20 % write and 80 % read using! The games and apps room for the new ones i wanted to it... 4K random workloads told a similar story, placing the WD Black ’ s 4TB capacity, which was roughly... - 8.6/10 noticeable decrease in congestion as well husband and children to use, small compact! Surface test said no bad sectors found surface test said no bad sectors found features up to my xbox holding!, @ nvidia Quadro RTX 8000 from our users of these to backup my computer is so old i n't... For their layouts of their HDDs comprised of a 20 % write and 80 % read mixture 8K... From additional gaming hardware and much smaller ( physically ) than i this. 3 0 WDBWLG0060HBK NESN, based on 999 user reviews: OVERALL - 8.6/10 ago and like very! Does n't have work great on Windows 7, but it also comes with a range of 87.46 to! Comprised of a drive this piece of crap free trial of WD SmartWare Pro for local cloud...