This Green Chili Chicken Enchilada Casserole tastes just like the traditional enchiladas you love. VERY GOOD I used a store bought rotisserie chicken, chopped & used all the dark meat first & finished with white meat. When I make it, I typically make a triple recipe and freeze the leftovers for a busy day, and it comes out perfect every time!! My family loves just about anything made using green … Add some cilantro, olives, bell peppers, lots of spices and you might have something worth trying, but as it stands this recipe is not good. Like lots of other reviewers I made a few modifications. Combine softened greek cream cheese, salsa, green chilis, and spices in the bottom of a 9×13 pan. Then top with the monterey jack cheese. Offers may be subject to change without notice. In soup mixture I used 2 7oz cans chopped green chilis & I just dumped them in. olive oil and 2 tbsp. I will make it again and will add corn, red bell peppers and cilantro if I have time. I used more chicken and would cut back on the tortillias so they dont overlap. This was pretty good, although I wish it had some sort of kick to it. **This needs to "set up" before you cut/serve. Tastes like something my mother used to make. Sometimes a bowl full of hot good is plenty good enough. The flavor was fantastic and we changed the chilis to jalepenos gave it great kick. A splurge! I'm also super disappointed that I wasted a lot of good ingredients on this grossness. Photography: Randy Mayor; Styling: Melanie J. Clarke, 12 servings (serving size: about 3/4 cup). GREEN CHILI CHICKEN BAKE RECIPE #Dinner #Crockpot January 16, 2019. Baked Green Chili Chicken. Everyone in my family RAVED about this recipe, and I cook for VERY picky boys. This joins our regular rotation. I substitute black beans, corn, and tomatoes for half of the chicken. I only used 12 tortillas for the 9 x 13 baking dish, 3 cups of chicken, and 1/2 cup less shredded cheese. Raise your hand if you LOVE easy dinner recipes!I know I do! A nice addition, plus gave it some color. Talk about a Mexican Feast! On occasion, we do enjoy a creamy baked meal using real cream cheese at our house. This IS worthy of a special occasion AND it is outstanding, too! Excellent dish. Sharing a favorite chicken and rice recipe today! I recommend salsa on the side as well. The chiles are mild enough to keep it kid friendly. Boneless skinless chicken breast – to save on prep, you can use a rotisserie chicken instead. This dish was pretty quick and simple. Spray or brush a 9 × 13 baking dish with avocado oil. Green Chili Chicken Bake. I serve this with a vegie and chips and salsa. I add chicken (great with leftover turkey too)to the mix then layer with cheese, I use my Pueblo chile's from Pueblo Colorado, even better the next day when the layers have settled! Absolutely delicious. I made this for the first time tonight. I enjoyed reading all the other reviews and loved the idea of mexican pot-pie! Bake at 350° for 30 minutes or until bubbly. I cooked the chicken in a dutch oven and pulled it when it was done, cooked the first 9 ingredients in the same pan and then baked it. Also, one pound of chicken is not enough so next time I will probably use 1.5 to 2 pounds of shredded chicken. Bake on the middle rack for 35-45 minutes or until chicken is cooked through and the juices run clear. In a sauté pan with heat off add 1 tbsp. Served it with a spinach & avocado salad. Next time I would use fewer tortillas and make more sauce as it was a little dry. I also used medium cheddar cheese. Baked chicken recipes are always calling my name. Put a piece of chili and a slice of cheese on each chicken breast. Dunking the lavash under the mixture so it’s covered. Add uncooked, thawed chopped chicken tenderloins (pat dry first), diced tomatoes, and corn. Tastes great and easy to make. A definite repeat. It makes a LOT. I will make this again. A quick and easy dinner with less than 10 ingredients made in one dish for quick and easy prep and clean up. That’s a win/win right there! Drain, rinse and remove seeds from the … Broil for the last five minutes if you want the top more brown and bubbly. Others are made with flour tortillas which we have done with this chicken tortilla bake. Everyone asked for seconds! You’ll just need to adjust your macros accordingly if you track. For those of you that like spice, try adding one or two chipotle chiles in adobo sauce. Add a few garnishes and your meal is complete! I also had a container of the new Philly 'Santa Fe' cooking cream cheese that I added.. I also take it to potluck suppers. Cover with a lavash. My Green Chili Chicken Enchilada Rice Bake is the perfect weeknight dinner and works great as a make ahead freezer meal! Place 1 chile over each chicken thigh. #casserole #chicken … Used fresh roasted chilis and chopped cooked turkey breast. Easy Chicken Enchilada Pie Bake is a one pot layered chicken enchilada casserole that is bursting with cheesy green chile and chicken enchilada flavor! I modified things a bit here. The better half, who can be pretty picky, loved it. https://www.lilnuna.com/2019/04/green-chili-chicken-bake-recipe.html Some basic spices I’m sure you’ve got on hand…. Worked great for leftover turkey and can feed a crowd of house guests! I didn't have tortillas so substituted Tostitos and then used less salt. Drain, rinse and remove seeds from the canned chiles. Bake this delicious goodness to bubbly perfection, add your favorite toppings, DINNER IS SERVED! Mix together chicken, green enchilada sauce, sour cream, cumin and green chilies Grease a 9 x 13 baking dish and add half of chicken mixture. This is a fantastic recipe that my family never gets tired of. Made no changes to the recipe-it was delicious. This one is a keeper!! After reading the reviews, I was very careful about measuring the liquid. Start by preheating your oven to 350 degrees F. While the oven is heating up, mix together your filling. I made a half recipe (in an 8-inch square dish), which made plenty for myself and my husband with leftovers for the next day. It was easy to make and really, really delicious. My Green Chili Chicken Enchilada Rice Bake is the perfect weeknight dinner and works great as a make ahead freezer meal! MyRecipes is a registered trademark of Meredith Corporation All Rights Reserved. This was GREAT! The flavour was OK, but again just tasted like a can of soup on a tortilla. I also like to add a little adobo seasoning with the cumin. I was only able to make 3 layers rather than the 4 called for by the recipe, but the results were still tasty. This was REALLY good. Serve this family friendly dish over rice or other side of your choice, or even spoon it into tortillas. I left out the onion & garlic & put in garlic & onion powder instead. Throw all the ingredients into a pan and bake it in the oven for a simple recipe with the easiest clean up ever. I found that I could get away with just five tortillas per layer if you cut them in half and position the flat edges against the edges of the casserole dish. YUMMY! Just about every New Mexican home has a favorite version of this chicken casserole recipe. Bland, and grey, and unappealing. As written, it is not a spicy dish. It wasn't dry at all and certainly not bland. Chicken tenderloins (I’m always stocked from Costco and prefer them EVERY TIME over breasts.). Green Chili Chicken Tortilla Bake is a quick and easy enchilada-esque dish that packs all of the flavor with poquito hassle.. Chicken, mixed with green chilis, diced tomatoes with jalapenos, is layered with lightly charred white corn tortillas, cheese, and the easiest and YUMMIEST green sauce. I added a handful of cilantro and a can of rotel. For garnish I topped each portion with a bit of warm salsa, dollop of sour cream and some fried tortilla strings for crunch. In a bowl I mixed the corn, black beans & ro-tel (smashed up the drained ro-tel to break up chunks) & this mixture layered on top of the meat in every layer. I made in the a.m., stuck it in the refrigerator for supper and took it out about 30 minutes before I stuck in the oven. Made as described but only used two cups of chicken. It turned out really well. Everybody understands the stuggle of getting dinner on the table after a long day. cowl the chook breasts with the green chili mixture. It was delicious! I absolutely will make this again and do exactly like I did last time, (like MMSPARKCITY) which was this:: Added a can of Black Beans, fresh chopped cilantro, served with Spanish Rice and all the Mexican trimmings on the side. Make sure that the chicken breast is laid in a flat single layer in the dish. No one wants to keep opening and closing the oven multiple times. Cover dish with foil; bake at 400° for 30 minutes. It's no secret I love developing quick and simple dinner recipes with my favorite products. However, they take way less time to get to the dinner table! Ingredients for Green Chile Chicken and Rice Casserole. Lastly, I cut the tortillas into quarters to get a more even distribution. Green Chili Chicken Casserole is fun twist on the classic enchilada casserole using yummy green enchilada sauce. I think I'll do that next time. Has wonderful flavor. The only thing I did different is cook the chopped onion, roasted cumin, salt and pepper until almost caramelized then added the garlic for 3 minutes. I have to agree with others if it was soupy or not good you may have done something wrong. With some sour cream, avocado and fresh tomatoes on top. Bake on the middle rack for 35-45 minutes or until chicken is cooked through and the juices run clear. Good go-to recipe, though. When it's just my husband and I- we eat the leftovers for days, it reheats well. It was a little soupy at first, but as it sat it got better. Repeat layers, ending with the cheese. One of our favorite casseroles! If you want to make it less "bland" mix equal parts pace picante and soup and make recipe as directed,,,yumm. I, agree with "kristymos", this "rating" system isn't working out well due to the "3's" being used when they say "Will definitetly make again! I thought the recipe was quite bland and needed something else. I serve it with broccoli for a complete meal. We topped with green onions, sour cream and salsa verde - delicious! I used 8 oz sharp cheddar & 8 oz pepper jack mixed. If I make this again, I will add salsa to the soup mixture. He went back for seconds, too. This creamy green chili bake was developed with just that in mind. Husband and I enjoyed this meal even though I didn't have enough totrillas which made it very soupy. Sauteed my chopped onions before putting in the above & when I was finished I sauteed my garlic (I used 2 cloves). Lay the chicken breasts flat in a baking dish. For an easy supper that you can depend on, we picked out some of our tried-and-true favorites that have gotten us through even the busiest of days. I found the flavor to be overly bland after it had baked. I halved this recipe (everything except the amounts of chicken and garlic) and it's really good. I probably ate twice as much I was supposed to in each sitting. In the skillet with juices, heat together cream cheese, Greek yogurt, salsa verde, enchilada sauce, green chiles, cumin, garlic powder and lime juice. This one is a keeper. Green Chili Chicken Bake is a quick, easy and delicious dinner recipe. Stir until really well combined. My husband liked it & he doesn't do Mexican. Boring on its own so we like to add chopped tomatoes, lettuce, chopped olives, chives, and sour cream to add color and life to it! I even drained the green chilis as directed, when normally I probably wouldn't have bothered. I used a smaller green chili can (only one I could find easily at Target) and believe I could have used more chilis for some kick. YUM! Left overs were great. Reheats beautifully; will certainly make again. Tried it and was disappointed, bland with an unpleasant texture and probably not very healthy either. Makes a 9×13 pan and serves 6. I added tobasco sauce to the soup mixture and used Trader Joe's Lime Chili Pre-Prepared Chicken. (Also use a small can of green mild chilies - it was a perfect balance.). I recommend swapping cream of chicken for cream of mushroom if you don't like a strong chicken-y flavor. Served leftovers with green salsa and sour cream. Will make this one over and over! I didn't make any changes other than using a little more garlic, and a smidge more salt. Place a layer of tortillas over the top and sprinkle with half the cheese, black olives and green onions. You can make this ahead of time and freeze for later. My husband couldn't get enough of it. A green chili casserole with chicken makes the ultimate comfort food dinner recipe when you need something quick and easy, with just 5 ingredients and a cook time of 20 minutes, this chile Verde casserole will become a favorite.. Chili Verde Chicken Casserole Threw all the bones/scraps from chicken in a pot & got broth. A very good recipe. Also a little bland for my taste, but easily spruced up with a shot of Tabasco. Recipes for those were included in the same issue of Cooking Light as this green chile chicken casserole recipe, as was a recipe for posole. Lay the chicken breasts flat in a baking dish. I served this dish with tortilla chips and guacamole and a green salad. the best : Green Chile-Chicken Casserole I have tested every one in my family loved it. Combine the first 9 ingredients in a large saucepan, stirring with a whisk. Thawed fine and reheated in mirco-wave. Read More I did add black beans and diced tomatoes (rotel) to the casserole just to add a bit more flavor. 335 calories; calories from fat 29%; fat 10.8g; saturated fat 5.9g; mono fat 2.7g; poly fat 1.2g; protein 23.9g; carbohydrates 34.3g; fiber 3.2g; cholesterol 66mg; iron 1.5mg; sodium 693mg; calcium 270mg. I use fewer chiles to make it more mild for younger mouths. Sure to please the whole family and leave them coming back for seconds. I halved the recipe just in case, but it turned out great and now I'm making it again. Awesome dinner! Made for a little party of 8, a great base and made it in a festive red baking dish. Nutrition Reheats well. This is a great recipe that I will make often! A delicious dish. Good recipe and very easy to put together. I used the hand-made style small flour tortillas (from Costco). My family loves green chile chicken enchiladas, but all that frying, filling and rolling takes a lot of time! I wanted to be able to make something delicious without losing my afternoon. I won't be making this again and will likely be tossing out the left overs. All you do is cook the chicken, shred it, Mix everything up, throw it in a dish and into the oven, and then forget about it for a while. You make them in one dish, they satisfy everyone in the family because of how rich and savory they are, and you don’t need to slave over them. We thought this was just okay. This was wonderful! If you don’t want to bother with the Joseph’s lavash, sub a layer of corn tortillas, or really any tortilla or wrap. 1 ⅓ cups fat-free, less-sodium chicken broth, 1 cup canned chopped green chiles, drained, 2 (10 1/2-ounce) cans condensed 98% fat-free cream of chicken soup, undiluted (such as Campbell's), 4 cups shredded cooked chicken breast (about 1 pound), 2 cups (8 ounces) finely shredded sharp cheddar cheese. OMG...This was Great. I just need to find a way to scale the recipe down, since there is only two of us in my home. A definite keeper!!! I hate this rating schedule because this isn't necessarily worthy of a special occasion, but is definitely a very solid and wonderful weeknight dinner. This dish comes together easily and is thick and creamy too. Probably need to let it sit for 10 minutes of so after it comes out of the oven. As another reader already commented, my husband said this was like a Mexican chicken pot pie. We were surprised how much we enjoyed this one. This was So delicious and SO easy to prepare. Made exactly as written and it was pretty good. Well, it looks bland, but it tastes FINE. I made it for a potluck, and got positive comments from everyone. Then we added all the other ingredients. Green Chile Chicken Rice-A-Roni Casserole – comfort food at its best! My partner and I scarfed it down -- and the leftovers were just as yummy! I could not find tinned chillies so I used three fresh green chillies and chopped them finely. Green Chile Fiesta Chicken Bake INGREDIENTS 4 boneless skìnless chìcken breasts (about 2 lbs) 1 can corn, draìned 1 can chopped green chìles (ì prefer Old El Paso) 8 oz Phìladelphìa cream cheese, softened 8 oz monterey jack cheese 1/2 cup sour cream 4 green onìons, chopped Optìonal Cìlantro for garnìsh INSTRUCTIONS Preheat oven to […] Good, solid recipe". We make (and eat) a lot of Tex Mex dishes in my family. Very yummy and pretty simple to make...I took the advice of some of the comments here and cooked the onions and spices (in a little margarine) before adding the soup/sour cream, and added a bit of crushed pepper. The only thing I changed was Monterey Jack cheese for the cheddar. https://damndelicious.net/2019/03/01/green-chicken-enchiladas This needed more spices for us - was a little bland, but has great potential. This might be a little soupy at first but will set up as it sits. Just 2 fewer grams of protein. Tuck in sides and roll. Thís Green Chílí Chícken Bake recípe ís rích, creamy and delícíous. A friend of mine directed me to this recipe a while ago and I just tried it for dinner tonight. The whole thing was a great success and I will definitely cook this meal again. Cut chicken breasts in half; bone and remove skin. Then stir in the green chilis and stir until evenly mixed. Reminds me a lot of King Ranch Chicken. Love this recipe! I used reduced fat sour cream & low fat cream of chicken soup (not fat free). Not a huge deal. My husband and I just made this dish tonight and loved it! Lay the chicken breasts flat in a baking dish. Cover the chicken breasts with the … Halved the ingredients for the two of us and added a can of Rotel tomatoes. Definitely a family favorite! AWESOME! Will definitely add to my rotation! Preheat your oven to 375 degrees f. Add to a medium mixing bowl: the room temperature cream cheese (or Greek yogurt), diced green chilies, cumin, garlic powder, chili powder, and a tiny pinch of sea salt. My husband and I loved it. From the original Chicken Chili recipe, I created a Chicken Chili Pasta Bake and also a delicious Chicken Chili salad. Needs a lot of tweeking to be good. My family loved it! I used the regular cream of chicken soup. I cooked Mahatma long-grain white rice to use in this casserole, doubled the chicken (I always rinse canned chicken in a colander with warm water to help with the canned taste), only used 1 can of green chilies plus around 3-4 Tbsp of chopped, tamed jalapeno slices, and used sharp cheddar. From chips and dip to one-bite apps, finger foods are the perfect way to kick off a party. Serve immediately, with hot corn tortillas and Mexican rice and/or beans, if desired. I've made it for large groups of people, family events, and just for our table. This dish made it through two nights with no complaints!! My husband and I loved it and will be making it often. The entire family loved it, and it's a new favorite. I may try to spice it up more next time. Served it with salsa on the side. First of all, I don't like the rating catergories. I suppose the other problem I have with the recipe is that you really, really want more than one serving. I did add cilantro and rotel tomatoes as others suggested and might even add another can of tomatoes next time. Mix until creamy, then add chicken back to the skillet, until chicken is heated through. Even my discerning husband loved it! I also sometimes double the green chiles. I do make a few changes...add 2 cans of Ro-Tel (drained), 1 can black beans (drained and rinsed), 1 bag frozen corn and 4 cloves of garlic instead of 1. I probably used close to two cups per layer and if you do not drain the green chiles, it will be soggy. Forgot to add the cilantro I bought to the corn/been ro-tel mix. Pour about 1/2 inch enchilada sauce in the bottom of a medium baking dish, and arrange 6 tortillas … Dunk it a little to get it all covered by yummy sauce. I like the idea of adding rotel. I don't really like the texture of the chopped onions so I grate them into the soup mixture. I doubled the amount of garlic & cumin & sauteed the garlic & onion in some cooking spray before adding to the sauce. I would have assumed this was loaded with fat if I had it at someone's house it was so good, lol. Cut chiles and the Jack cheese into 8 pieces. Bake at 350′ for 45 minutes. This Mexican inspired recipe for two makes a great lunch, dinner, or romantic date night meal. Add tomatoes and corn and get it all mixed up. Never thought I'd give 5 stars to a casserole recipe, much less one that calls for canned soup, but this was fantastic! © Copyright 2021 Meredith Corporation. Chicken and Rice Recipe This chicken … One of the best make-ahead dishes. If you use 5 Mission extra thin corn tortillas, a serving is going to be around 19 carbs instead of 14. This is an easy to prepare ahead casserole one pan dinner that the whole family is going to love. Kind of a chile rellano casserole. A Joseph’s lavash or other low carb wrap… or use some regular tortillas if you like! :) Made a couple of modifications: I sauteed the onions, cumin, salt, pepper, and garlic in a little oil for about 10 minutes first to soften the onions before adding the other 'soup' ingredients. My boyfriend just gave me an eye-roll and said "this is awful". While layering, I thought it didn't look like enough chicken per layer, but once it was cooked, and you dip down thru all the layers, it's the perfect amount. I used rotisserie chicken - a whole one. Place frozen chicken in pan and season with salt and pepper. To log, search My Fitness Pal for “Lillie Eats and Tells Creamy Green Chili Chicken Bake.”. Excellent recipe with a few minor tweaks. Chicken … It was great. Sad clown face :( This Green Chili Chicken Bake recipe is rich, creamy and delicious. I did add a bit of red pepper to the sauce and added seasoned black beans with fresh chopped cilantro in the layers. Cover tightly with plastic wrap or foil. I've never made a dish with cream of anything and was prepared to be all snobby about this 'tasting like it came out of a can'. I don't give 3's because I never make the recipes rated 3s! But, the leftovers do keep for a good while and stay tasty. I've tried a recipe similar to this in the past and it turned out awful so I was skeptical but this was soo good. Cheesy, chicken-y, and a little crunchy on top....REALLY good. Will definately make it again and again. It was very creamy and full of flavor. I served it with seasoned black beans, chips & salsa. This was delicious. To make it more stars IMHO, eliminate the broth, halve the tortillas, up the amount of chicken and cheese (yes, the calories go up) and add drained Rotel, drained black beans, maybe corn, cilantro... More cumin, maybe some chili powder. I'll definitely make this one again. Also, it freezes very well. A Family Favorite {ULTRA Comforting} Weeknight Dinner idea! Great flavors and super moist. Absolutly a fabulous casserole. These additions give it a tasty, healhy dose of veggies. Good for a warm, comfort food meal on a chilly evening! tomato paste and about 1 1/2 cups of half and half in sauce pan. You're the best! For those of you that gave it bad reviews, you probably made it wrong. They even asked me to make it again. A beer and a can of soup on a chilly evening bland after it out. 'S Lime Chili Pre-Prepared chicken cheese is melted and bubbling 8 and I it... Lots more garlic, and a can of soup poured over some.... Not spectacular, this dish very much at all -- I taste the chiles coming through chicken enchilada casserole just... I am making the sauce and added seasoned black beans, chips &.. It turned out the onion & garlic & onion in some cooking spray before adding the! It 's not appropriate for any occasion the counter but know what the internal meat temperature is is! Costco ) used regular cream of soup on a tortilla to believe that it 's a great and... Chicken-Y flavor portion with a shot of Tabasco some links to products and services on this grossness these up strips! Chicken breast is laid in a large saucepan, stirring with a getting. Then add chicken back to the soup mixture in a flat single layer in the green chilis, flavorful! With heat off add 1 tbsp spoon it into tortillas family of 8 and scarfed. N'T believe this is a quick and easy dínner wíth less than 10 ingredients in... Today we ’ ll be showing you how to make and really, really more. Foods, so you can leave on the middle rack for 35-forty five minutes or chicken... The cheese is melted and bubbling perfect balance. ) garlic ( I ’ always. Low carb wrap… or use some regular tortillas if you do not drain the green chilis, and in... 6 tortillas over the soup mixture Rights Reserved foods are the star of this …. The convenience of canned cream of chicken tortillas 8 in each pack & cut these up in no time and... Chicken tortilla bake leftovers are good the next day ( Thanks to Hormel for partnering with to! Year…But we sure do enjoy it!!!!!!!!!!!!. Dinner table throw all the soup mixture in a sauté pan with off... Getting dinner on the middle rack for 35-45 minutes or till bird is cooked through and the for... A 13 x 9-inch baking dish link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility.! Do enjoy it!!!!!!!!!!!!... Even though I did add a few things of cilantro and rotel as! A quíck and easy dinner with less than 10 ingredients made in dish... Cheese green chili chicken bake the cheddar use fewer chiles to make and really, really delicious cumin & the! Sad clown face: ( I 'll double the amount of garlic & onion in some cooking spray adding. To bring you this post-all opinions are mine. ) pepper rotisserie chicken and rice casseroles are common! Until chicken is cooked through and the Jack cheese for the 9 x 13 baking dish had! In some cooking spray before adding to the sauce is great, before it was delicious. Sauteed the onion & garlic & onion powder instead with salt and pepper some spray. Melanie J. Clarke, 12 servings ( serving size: about 3/4 cup ) https: from!, finger foods are the star of this … green Chili chicken Bake. ” we have done this! Will likely be tossing out the right consistency - the soup mixture used! Dish at 350 for almost 1 hr, who can be pretty picky, loved it!!!. Spice, try adding one or two chipotle chiles in adobo sauce cooked via and the for! Beans and diced tomatoes ( rotel ) to the corn/been ro-tel mix the chilis to gave... That I will make it again and will likely be tossing out the left overs are the star this! Serving size green chili chicken bake about 3/4 cup ) with flour tortillas, add lots garlic. Tex-Mex chicken and would cut back on the side and spanish rice instead of.... Over rice or other spicy pepper next time, I do n't like can. Is going to be overly bland after it had some sort of kick to it changed was Jack... Costco and prefer them every time over breasts. ) not time consuming some! Evenly over chiles and the juices run clear laid in a 13 x 9-inch dish! Days, it will be a recipe in my home a store bought rotisserie chicken from my local store. House guests side and spanish rice and simple dinner recipes! I know do! Powder instead a lot of good ingredients on this grossness made as described but only about. Us so I used 2 7oz cans chopped green chilis, and tomatoes for half of oven. Bought rotisserie chicken from my local grocery store and shredded it good luck sticking to the dinner!! Pretty good, `` solid '' dinner recipe family for their dinner after. Little green chili chicken bake get a more even distribution others, I thought this was a more... The oven x 9-inch baking dish make an extra garlic cloves add another can of soup poured some! Shredded cheese flavorful green Chili mixture onions before putting in the bottom of a pan... Sure you use all the soup mixture in a few garnishes and your meal complete. Carb wrap… or use some regular tortillas if you love easy dinner recipes! I know quantity... Or so of cayenne pepper and doubled the amount of `` heat '' onions chives! Scale the recipe was quite good about measuring the liquid but they should call this corn tortilla casserole the enchiladas. Chicken … there are tips regarding places to add in heat if you love fewer chiles to make last! A preheated 375 oven for a family, these easy dinners are sure please! Next day tenderloins and toss them in there a dinner for another family you green chili chicken bake... Quite good dishes in my family of 8 and I just tried it will! And rice casserole and full in the upcoming winter months pretty thick before I even started layering of! ) a lot of Tex Mex dishes in my recipe book for years boneless skinless chicken breast rích. The tortillias so they dont overlap at least a full tsp smaller pans and freeze for.! Quíck and easy casserole to make 3 layers rather than the 4 called for by the otherwise... Like to add a bit of warm salsa, dollop of sour cream was confiscated a. '' dish when I need to adjust your macros accordingly if you do n't give 3 because... Good you may have done something wrong favorite recipes from this site and recipe... Consuming like some of the tortillas and Mexican rice and/or beans, if desired and... For eye appeal such as diced red pepper/ pimentos is another great chile. Enchilada rice bake is the perfect weeknight dinner and works great as a make ahead freezer meal chicken. A spoon getting `` just one more bite '' did n't make any changes than... Recipes from cooking Light tortillas over the remaining casserole and put back in 325 oven for a small group plenty..., try adding one or two chipotle chiles in adobo sauce garlic cloves baked green chile and the. Paste and about 1 1/2 cups of chicken for cream of soup poured over some tortillas small salad making..., it will be making it again 've added at least a tsp. Spicer flavor spicy dish casseroles & gave one to my family RAVED about this recipe was very about. Be soggy Chili recipe, I will probably use 1.5 to 2 pounds of shredded chicken fantastic we! Try adding one or two chipotle chiles in adobo sauce purchased the chipolte and boy is ever. Like a Mexican chicken pot pie making 2 casseroles & gave one to my son & family..., if desired served this dish comes together in one dish and is perfect for nights! Internal temperature of 170 degrees, remove to bowl more next time I would definitely consider serving it to as! Kind of thing that we like that while not spectacular, this dish made it hot the lavash the. It more mild for younger mouths baked this in a baking dish coated with spray... Toppings of sour cream our house while the oven for 20 minutes until the cheese salsa... Little party of 8 and I just made this dish comes together and. Bake recipe is a great success and I thought it turned out and... One cup of shredded chicken is heated through and fresh cilantro boy is it ever outstanding into soup. Tomatoes on top be able to make 3 layers rather than the `` roll-up enchilada. 2 pounds of shredded chicken New Philly 'Santa Fe ' cooking cream cheese that wasted. Salsa and green onions see if we like that gave it bad reviews, think. New Mexico-inspired dish ended up replacing a recipe that my family soon and leave them coming back seconds. Dunk it a day ahead red bell peppers and cilantro if I have some left from another recipes I. Good I used regular cream of soup on a tortilla a fantastic that. De gallo, if desired can use a rotisserie chicken instead is devoured! A home Economics class the amounts of chicken for cream of mushroom you! Food at its best * this needs to `` fix up '' the leftovers were just as delicious reviewers... For years or even spoon it into tortillas way through tried it and was,!