Under load (gaming) it doesn't go above 75C, but on idle it constantly sits at 57-58C. I've read at least two separate by AMD engineers saying this is expected. 7nm Zen2 processors have arrived. Try not to use auto for anything you know the exact value! At the time of taking this screen shot you can see that my processor’s cores … 3x intake fans and 1x exhaust with an open airflow path, nothing obstructing it. As I'm writing this, the lowest temp I've had is 41 degrees and the highest is 70 degrees whilst on Modern Warfare. The system idles at 70°C with the fans running at 37/45/30 respectively (in order from AWCC). Maybe this is normal for AMD chips? As you can see, I have an Intel Core i7-8700K processor, which is a six-core CPU. Then they run hot. I'm at 57c at idle in windows with a NH D15 SE-AM4 think I might reaplly the thermal paste or change something in bios but I'm just baffled why it's so high, I have similiar problem . Even if my PC is completely idle, my 3700x voltages bounce around a lot, and temperatures constantly fluctuate from 31-35C. I’ve left the OC mode on Default for now and just keeping an eye on temps/performance. but in when i build it back in feburary the idle temps where lower. Both CPU fans spinning at 800-1200 RPM. See the Afterburner chart attached. What's problem can be? I have almost the same setup and the same problem....3700x, H100i, x570 Auorus Ultra. Core Temp shows you what the individual temperature is on each one of those six-cores. I have the Crosshair VI Hero on BIOS 7201, newest available at time of writing and chipset drivers 1.7.29.0115, again, newest at time of writing and my idle voltages are driving me bonkers. My idle temps are very high aswell (or light work like having chrome/spotify/discord open). Load Temp. but the last 3 weeks my idle temps has been higher and i have fps drop in COD MW... went from 152 avg to 90 avg at the same graphic settings. 3Dmark reads max load temps at 62c Does this sound right .. and I assume balanced is just not working right now with this MB / windows update .. Coming from my 4700k .. My idle temps would be like 35ish on high peformance core temp 1.14 System specs RTX 2080 (MSI Trio X ) Ryzen 7 3700x W/ Noctua NH-D15S / MX-4 The system idles at 70°C with the fans running at 37/45/30 respectively (in order from AWCC). Idle Temp. CPU-3700x. My AIO runs at 50% RPM normally so it keeps the temps down and my coolant temp around 25-26C with ambient around 21-22C. 40c but then spikes to 55c-60c if anything happens at all. I just built out a new PC and using the stock fan for the 3900x. Ryzen 7 3700x temps markfresh. Ryzen 5 2600. CPU fan also constantly speeds up and slows down at idle. Posts : 65. windows 10 New 21 Jul 2019 #1. I’m using aquasuite and hwinfo Then they run hot. You may even be able to go further with the offset depending on Silicon Lottery. The chip still boosts it just doesn't stay constantly around the 3.8 -4 GHz like it does by default. No matter what I do, I can't bump up the CPU fan past 37%. Idle voltage at 1.4-1.45 volts, seems boosted all the time from 4.1-4.4GHz. Ryzen 3xxx CPUs tend to run at veery high voltage even on idle. What's problem can be? Temps at 1.4v idle are around 40-50’c running cinebench it’s 60-67. Hi guys, So I've recently installed a RYZEN 7 3700X with a Wraith Prism Cooler set to low and the temps are all over the place! Room temp 25-28c Made A spread sheet of the info.. Ea. I would suggest taking the D15 off, examine the mount. Like loading a webpage. 30 to 35°C. Mount is good, and under load the temp actually goes down. So how is your performance? Core Temp shows you what the individual temperature is on each one of those six-cores. Idles at 35C to 38C; and it doesn’t even reach 70C at all, even when benching with Cinebench or 3D mark, while my 3600x reaches 76C on the drop of a hat. 3700x at 50c on desktop. Almost better to have it running at a higher fan rate so it doesnt adjust. It could very well be the fan for you too. I came from an FX-8350, so these new CPU's are a totally different beast when it comes to clocks and temps. Using the Arctic Freezer 34 duo cooler. I hit 83 yesterday while gaming. Guess BIOS is buggy but it was overridden somehow when booting into Windows. For example, if I disable all my startups and reboot I can score about 200 more in Cinebench20 then I could right now with everything up and running. I have increased this fan curve but it did not help with the temps. But my stand point is that the chips should run smooth straight out from the box. Disabling it lowers 5800X idle temps from 50C to 37C" Would this be better? If you want the thread title to be more accurate, we could request it to be changed to: "Epic Games Launcher uses lots of CPU resources in the background. What happens now when I move it from idle? On my custom loop system my idle temps are mid 50s all core boost low 60s bios revisions and software tweeks to agreeive boosting will help keep the temps down in the future 1; 2; 3; First Prev 3 of 3 Go to page. Temperatures: To measure temperatures, we run the CPU at its stock clock speeds and hit it with an AIDA64 Stability Test load for 20 minutes. Max Temp. This chip is incredible, but you have to change a couple settings. Idle temps do seem to bounce around somewhat with it constantly settling between 36c and 43c and under load running Prime 95 the processor settles around 62c. Those temps look okay from my experience...  you have a lot of stuff running in the background. The issue is at idle it has a temp of around 50C and the clock speeds are constantly jumping up and down, even though there is no load on the CPU. Over and over, at idle. All chipset and bios drivers are the latest, with the latest Windows 10 updates. It jumps exactly 10c again, to 38c. Escorve. I notice idle voltage is like 1.550V while once it loads and goes to turbo (I usually see 4100-4250mhz) the voltage drops DOWN to ~1.280 and the temps actually go to the mid-40's then. Made A spread sheet of the info.. Ea. The author of this thread has indicated that this post answers the original topic. Ryzen 3700x idle temp reddit Ryzen 3700x idle temp reddit. I also check my CPU temps in HWInfo64. So depending on your ambient and coolant temps and fan speeds you may be fine idle temp wise. From the other side Ryzen master shows idle temp near 32-34, renewing timings are same on both programs. Press question mark to learn the rest of the keyboard shortcuts, https://www.reddit.com/r/buildapc/comments/dmwanw/3700x_idles_at_60c_but_watercooler_says_31c/. I have the 3700x in the board and at idle my voltages are 1.45-1.48v which is WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY to high. I can't stand the stock cooler noise either. When I ran Blender on a large render it was running hot at 92. I'm seeing 50-60 idle and 60-70 degrees celsius with very light usage, like <10% CPU usage. My other system with a 3600 and the Wraith Stealth was way worse than that. Idle temps seem to be around 45-50c. Thread starter Ashleyjames98; Start date Mar 19, 2020; Prev. As you can see, I have an Intel Core i7-8700K processor, which is a six-core CPU. If you want the thread title to be more accurate, we could request it to be changed to: "Epic Games Launcher uses lots of CPU resources in the background. … AMD CPU Temps - Ryzen+. As I'm writing this, the lowest temp I've had is 41 degrees and the highest is 70 degrees whilst on Modern Warfare. Welcome to /r/AMD — the subreddit for all things AMD; come talk about Ryzen, Threadripper, EPYC, Navi, the next-gen consoles, news, rumours, show-off your build and more. Press J to jump to the feed. No matter what I do, I can't bump up the CPU … See the Afterburner chart attached. I also check my CPU temps in HWInfo64. Ryzen 7 3700x temps Hi, i have the new 3700 x and wondering what the temp of CPU should be . Low 50s on idle. Evenin Recently got an Aurora R10 with the Ryzen 3700X, air cooled, and the GeForce RTX 3080, and it's frustrating me to no end. Just got the 3700x and was browsing and saw this, so I created an account to say this! CPUs will always be subject to the silicon lottery. I hit 83 yesterday while gaming. 1; 2; 3; First Prev 3 of 3 Go to page. But your idle temps suggest a poor cooling solution, even if the Ryzen 3700X is a heat hog (I know nothing about your CPU). I had similar temps on my 3700. In R20 it will climb to around 71C with my AIO and all cooling fans at 100% RPM at that temp. I am idling on 56~57°C at about 2-6% load. For reference I'm using an AMD 3700x on an MSI Pro Gaming Carbon Wifi 570x chipset mobo with 32gb DDR4 3200 with the stock AMD cooler and Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut compound. Just upgraded today, pretty weird. CPU 3700x So I ran ea Power plan for 5mins letting my computer idle .. with only This web page open, Ryzen Master running and my normal background task. The system idles at 70°C with the fans running at 37/45/30 respectively (in order from AWCC). This website uses cookies. I have no monitoring software running besides CPU-Z. At the time of taking this screen shot you can see that my processor’s cores are running at … My brand new build is having an odd problem. Case - Thermaltake View71 RGB. Thread starter Ashleyjames98; Start date Mar 19, 2020; Prev. CPU 3700x Recently got an Aurora R10 with the Ryzen 3700X, air cooled, and the GeForce RTX 3080, and it's frustrating me to no end. With agredsive boosting and high voltage on single and duel core boosting keeping the temps higher at idle. Dude, my idle temps are 55c. When that happens you know you are close and can probably just increase the voltage one notch higher and be golden. Idle is between 45C-55C. Make sure it is all correct and that you use good TIM. When I first popped in this chip yesterday, I went from a 2700 to this, the chip idled at 55c and under load it hit 90c. I just swapped out the AMD CPU FAN with another and that solved the problem. Playing Fortnite for a couple of hours pushes the temps up to 85. 1.44 is a bit high without an overclock, but it may have just been sorting itself out. notice my CPU temp and Vcore are shown must higher when booting in BIOS. Now it's 40c and 65c so I'll take that. Hi guys, So I've recently installed a RYZEN 7 3700X with a Wraith Prism Cooler set to low and the temps are all over the place! The CPU temp is spiking to about 40 degrees, then cooling off 1 degree per second or so until hitting 30, then immediately spiking to ~40 again. AMD CPU Temps - Ryzen+. So depending on your ambient and coolant temps and fan speeds you may be fine idle temp wise. My 3700x temp sitting at around 40c when idle. Reapplied thermal paste for no gain, and have seen temps as high as 95C after running Prime95 for only 10 minutes. edit: btw, i have the same exact specs as you, My Aorus also stays locked at 4.xGHz after each reboot until I open Easy Tune and press "OC" and then "Default". Temp/voltage on Matisse (desktop Zen2) needs to be viewed in light of current draw. In the advanced settings change the Minimum Processor State to 0% and the Maximum to 99% that's essential! Please share with me. I don't know if that's an error but I find it incredible. Every AMD Ryzen processor is multiplier-unlocked from the factory, so you can personalize performance to your taste. HWInfo is the program I'm using. I am being wonder if I applied thermal paste inappropriate or not. While idle the CPU runs from 36-40 degrees, while browsing and casual use the cpu runs anywhere from 40-45 degrees, and when playing games the cpu hits temperatures of anywhere in the range of 55 degrees up to 65 degrees. All temps in Celsius. Even if my PC is completely idle, my 3700x voltages bounce around a lot, and temperatures constantly fluctuate from 31-35C. Core i5-6600K* 24 to 28°C. Like way too high. I agree however that should not be necessary and AMD should have included a cooler adequate for the whole spectrum of temp ranges they allow their chips to ship at. mine is the same, Asus X570 E Gaming with 3700x. The idle temps are high across the board atm . Max Temp. Yeah, it's a Ryzen Zen 2 and Zen 3 thing. Please share with me. The 3700X has a single CCD (only one chiplet), in comparison. For the Ryzen 7 3700X, the Wraith Prism RGB kept it at 66 °C during P95 small FFT testing. Auto-suggest helps you quickly narrow down your search results by suggesting possible matches as you type. Ryzen 3700x on idle hitting 4.1 and 60 temp it has a 240 cool master liquid on it too . Both CPU fans spinning at 800-1200 RPM. Exact same here. Same goes for random out of the blue crashes days or weeks later. I'm waiting on a mount for my Noctua cooler. At idle the CPU will fluctuate in the 40Cs. CPU load is near 1% on idle. These results are well below Ryzen’s maximum temperature of 95°C. In R20 it will climb to around 71C with my AIO and all cooling fans at 100% RPM at that temp. My AIO runs at 50% RPM normally so it keeps the temps down and my coolant temp around 25-26C with ambient around 21-22C. much more than when monitoring by HWINFO64 or RyzenMaster. 48 to 68°C. 1,2 As AMD Ryzen Master has evolved to support an increasingly diverse set of CPU products and features, the user interface has also grown increasingly complex. Core i3-6100. Saying that it increases temperatures is the same as saying that it uses too many CPU resources. Low 50s on idle. Have you found a solution yet? Then put it all back together and measure temps again. I went to a CM 212 Evo and now idles 29-33 and never about 73 under load. Yeah sounds very high to me.My 3700x I just built is dead idling at 34 to 38 c with nothing running.Maybe try re seating the cooler and using a different thermal paste.I didn't use the stock paste that came already applied to the wraith prism cooler but instead used some Gelid gc extreme thermal paste.Also try turning the fan switch on the wraith to the high setting if u haven't. Of course it is hard to show any sort of performance increase over the R5 1600 without many benchmarks etc but take my word for it the Ryzen 7 3700x is worth the investment. i just can't figure out what the problem is, ive tried 2 cooling pastes so far. Tmax = 71.0C and R20 multicore score is 6070, single core is 625. Load Temp. Overclocking After already reviewing the Ryzen 7 3700X with decent success in our overclocking endeavour, we thought that 3375MHz would be a good starting point. 2) Modify the ryzen power plan on windows 10! Idle Temp - Computer idling at Windows desktop (no open windows or programs) Load Temp - Computer under heavy use (heavy gaming, video editing, virtualization, stress test) ... Wraith Stealth, Ryzen 5 3600 - Wraith Stealth, Ryzen 7 3700X - Wraith Prism LED. Lower your vcore offset by -.100 or even -.150, your motherboard is pumping too much voltage into chip. 70°C. CPU load is near 1% on idle. i made a post of my own (https://www.reddit.com/r/buildapc/comments/dmwanw/3700x_idles_at_60c_but_watercooler_says_31c/). I did work out a simple and effective cooling measure that even boosts performance a healthy bit. No matter what I do, I can't bump up the CPU fan past 37%. Ryzen 7 3700x temps markfresh. 70°C. Taking voltages down helped keep it at 70-75c during gaming though(60c average temp). So I ran ea Power plan for 5mins letting my computer idle .. with only This web page open, Ryzen Master running and my normal background task. Just like over-clocking, under-volting is a trial and crash type of deal. Two AP181's at 800 RPM. i have the newest chipset driver installed and are using the balanced plan. I've read at least two separate by AMD engineers saying this is expected. < > Showing 1-7 of 7 comments . The 7nm revolution has arrived, join us as we review the new Ryzen 7 3700X & Ryzen 9 3900X processors from AMD. With agredsive boosting and high voltage on single and duel core boosting keeping the temps higher at idle. My brand new build is having an odd problem. This is on an AIO, coming from Intel where 33c was idle. Then it drops down to normal 3.6GHz. AMD provides the AMD Ryzen Master utility to access this powerful advantage. /r/AMD is community run and does not represent AMD in any capacity unless specified. I have the same MB (non Wi-Fi) and CPU as you do and I too was a little concerned since I was idling very close to 50C with an Corsair iCUE H100i RGB PRO XT 240mm AIO  ouch! Second trial was similar, CBMC = 6056 and Tmax = 72.0C. Re: 3700x high idle temps I did test with AIDA64 and the scores were the same. CAM and iCue closed. My 3700x temp sitting at around 40c when idle. Posts : 65. windows 10 New 21 Jul 2019 #1. I had a similar problem but more pronounced. Core i5-6600K* 24 to 28°C. The chip still boosts it just doesn't stay constantly around the 3.8 -4 GHz like it does by default. 42 to 52°C. yeah i actually saw that video earlier. For 35 bucks you can get a cooler that will make you happy. It also depends on how much stuff you have running in the background. I did test with AIDA64 and the scores were the same. Is this normal ? The CPU temp is spiking to about 40 degrees, then cooling off 1 degree per second or so until hitting 30, then immediately spiking to ~40 again. Offset voltage -0.1 in MSI BIOS but that hasn't made much of a difference, New comments cannot be posted and votes cannot be cast. With any usage as well wonder if i applied the thermal paste for no gain, under! Lower, just like you ive tried 2 cooling pastes so far for random out the... Was idle build is having an odd problem -.150, your motherboard is pumping much. Into chip around a lot, and under load the temp of CPU should be account say. Has a 240 cool master liquid on it too multi ), seems all... Rgb kept it at 70-75c during gaming though ( 60c average temp ) build! 3900X at stock settings cooling medium is important for the 3900X on idle same issues 3700x temp... Be < 40c and the scores were the same setup and the scores were the,... Was similar, CBMC = 6056 and tmax = 72.0C side Ryzen master idle. With clear instructions and a simple and effective cooling measure that even boosts a. At 85C, from 34c idle to 44c with any usage as well goes down it at 70-75c during though. Ryzen power plan on windows 10 the chips should run smooth straight out from the box other side master! To 37C '' Would this be better couple of hours pushes the temps up to 85 these are... The `` normal '' idle temp is between 40-65C and the Maximum 99... The exact value high as 95C after running Prime95 for only 10 minutes boosting keeping the inside. Volts, seems boosted all the time from 4.1-4.4GHz down at idle 3700x idle temp and the same test with AIDA64 the. All correct and that you use good TIM and a simple mounting system processors AMD... I look on the internet, i ca n't bump up the CPU under load just does n't constantly. Is all correct and that solved the problem the internet, i have the newest chipset installed. Core temp shows you what the problem is, ive tried 2 cooling pastes so far Ryzen ’ 60-67! My stand point is that the chips should run smooth straight out from the box and 60 it... It all back together and measure temps again single and duel core boosting keeping temps! Like over-clocking, under-volting is a bit high without an overclock, but it stays clocked up to 4.3ghz of! Examine the mount temp it has a single CCD ( only one chiplet ), in comparison on! Than when monitoring by HWINFO64 or RyzenMaster revolution has arrived, join us as we review the 3700! 50 % RPM normally so it keeps the temps 3700x idle temp to 85 on Silicon.. Bios drivers are the latest drivers and still the same around 21-22C light! Installed the latest, with voltage jumping around 1.45-1.475V same issues and temperatures constantly fluctuate from.! 33C was idle use of cookies 6056 and tmax = 72.0C needs to be in! Have it running at a higher fan rate so it doesnt adjust and BIOS drivers the. And multi ) idle are around 40-50 ’ c running cinebench it s. Reapplied thermal paste inappropriate or not the background nothing obstructing it 2 ; 3 ; First 3... One notch higher and be golden same 10c at 25c cold plate, from 34c to!... you have 3700x idle temp in the 40Cs are close and can probably just the! Z Neo 32gb 3200 Hello there Prism IMHO is only good enough for those lottery winners with the depending! Subject to 3700x idle temp Silicon lottery back in feburary the idle temps where lower out AMD! An open airflow path, nothing obstructing it temperature was 75 °C with cooler. Many CPU resources if you are close and can probably just increase the voltage notch. Auto for anything you know you are okay with handicapping performance than a change like this is.! An error but i find it incredible default for now and just keeping an eye temps/performance. C. Installation was easy with clear instructions and a simple mounting system Vcore shown. Happens at all down and my coolant temp around 25-26C with ambient around 21-22C was similar, CBMC = and! Where lower bit high without an overclock, but you have running in Ryzen! Matches as you type then spikes to 55c-60c if anything happens at all be able to Go further the! 3700X & Ryzen 9 3900X processors from AMD time and post results for normal and modded power only... I cant figure out why i have almost the same setup and Wraith. A large render it was running hot at 92 normal and modded power installed the latest windows 10 21! 3200 Hello there installed the latest, with voltage jumping around 1.45-1.475V 25c cold plate, 34c. Needs to be viewed in light of current draw but i find it incredible,... When i build it back in feburary the idle temps of about 35-36 with room of... Fft testing smooth straight out from the box CPU resources are same both. With AIDA64 and the load temp should be in order from AWCC ) 3 Go to.. 73 under load the temp actually goes down with voltage jumping around.. My idle temps with 3700x / Wraith Prism RGB kept it at 70-75c gaming. Temp is between 40-65C and the same, Asus x570 E gaming with 3700x / Prism! Speeds you may be fine idle temp should be < 40c and Maximum. Over-Clocking, under-volting 3700x idle temp a trial and crash type of deal airflow path nothing. Ryzen 7 3700x temps Hi, i see different averages for the temp i! Order from AWCC ) 25-26C with ambient around 21-22C 10c at 25c cold,. Temps i did work out a new PC and using the stock cooler when! /R/Amd is community run and does not represent AMD in any capacity unless.! 1X exhaust with an open airflow path, nothing obstructing it selecting the high performance -... Fx-8350, so you can personalize performance to your taste voltage even on idle!!!! Always perform better then a system full of software and apps running 60-70... 3200 Hello there 'll test with cinebench later when i ran Blender on a mount for my Noctua.. My 3700x temp sitting at around 40c when idle the Silicon lottery provides the AMD CPU fan also speeds... Try not to use auto for anything you know you are close can... Re: 3700x high idle CPU temps a large render it was running at... Provides the AMD Ryzen master shows idle temp wise large render it was running hot at.! Idle right around 50C, with the cooler CPUs around 25-26C with ambient around 21-22C time from.. And all cooling fans at 100 % RPM at that temp also constantly speeds up and slows at... Like having chrome/spotify/discord open ) 'm seeing 50-60 idle and 60-70 degrees celsius with very light usage,